Jack: Confronted with difficult questions in an interview, the job-hunters mostly will be at a loss about what to do.
杰克:面试中如果遇到刁难性的问题,求职者往往会不知所措。
Mary: Usually, you cannot prepare for these questions in advance and have to depend on your immediate performance.
玛丽:这样的问题事先通常无法准备,只能临场发挥。
Jack: Still, there are some rules to follow.
杰克:不过,还是有些方法可循。
Mary: In this case, you should first keep calm and normal to the face.
码丽:在这样的情形下,首先要保持冷静,以平常心面对。
Jack: Don't get nervous and freaked out.
杰克:一定不要怯场,以免自乱阵脚。
Mary: Formulate a satisfactory answer based on your specific situation.
玛丽:要根据自己的情形做出较为满意的回答。
Jack: There should be neither too much silence nor hasty answers
杰克:既不能长时间沉默,也不可草率回答。
Mary: Try to show the best of yourself with decent words and manners.
玛丽:言辞举止要大方得体,尽量展现自己最好的一面。
Jack: Don't be discouraged even when confronted with negative questions
杰克:即便遇到否定性的提问,也不要沮丧气馁。
Mary: You should admit your weakness frankly.
玛丽:应当坦然承认不足。
Jack: Anyway, what really matters is that you have tried your best.
杰克:不论如何,尽力而为,才是最重要的。
Mary: You must have confidence in yourself.
玛丽:一定要相信自己。
核心英语词汇总
confront v. 遭遇,面临
difficult adj. 困难的,艰难的
be at a loss about what to do 不知所措
calm adj. 平静的,冷静的
usual mind 平常心
freak v. 使强烈反应(震惊,畏惧)
satisfactory adj. 满意的
neither conj.既不,也不
hasty adj 匆匆的,轻率的
discouraged adj. 泄气的
try one's best 努力,尽力